microLEAP is an Islamic and Conventional P2P (Peer-to-Peer) microfinancing platform regulated by the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC).
P2P Financing is an alternative financing tool that allows Issuers (borrowers) to obtain financing from Investors (lenders) without having to go through a financial institution. Therefore, it is both an alternative financing product as well as an alternative investment product at the same time. A proudly Malaysian fintech platform, microLEAP focuses on the microfinance sector and we are the first P2P operator in Malaysia that offers both Islamic and Conventional financing on the same platform.
On top of our key partnerships such as with Malaysian Technology Development Corporation (MTDC), whereby MTDC will Co-Invest on selected microLEAP+ Islamic Investment Notes, we also have some new and exciting Islamic Product Offerings: namely Shariah-Compliant Financing options for our MSMEs + Shariah-Compliant Investments options for our P2P Investors, that’ll be available via microLEAP+; such as Collateralised Islamic Car Dealer Financing, Islamic Invoice Financing, as well as Islamic Grant Financing amongst others.
You can apply with microLEAP as an Investor or Issuer (Borrower):
From as little as RM50, you may Invest (lend) into small businesses to help them grow!
Why become a P2P Investor (lender)?
- Invest from as little as RM50
- Invest in both Islamic & Conventional Investment Notes.
- Enjoy monthly returns of up to 18% p.a.
- Issuers covered by Personal Accident Insurance so that your investment is safe if an accident happens to the key person of the Issuer.
- All Notes have a Guarantor.
To further enhance the P2P Investors’ experience, we launched the League of Extraordinary Investors, whereby Investors may gain points depending on the amount, tenor and number of Investment Notes they invest in. Points will lead to lower fees as you move up our rankings of Rookie, Apprentice, Champion and Sifu.
We provide Issuers access to P2P microfinancing from as little as RM1,000 to RM50,000.
Issuers may raise via Islamic or Conventional financing.
Why become an Issuer (borrower)?
- Raise Funds from as little as RM1,000 to RM50,000
- Islamic & Conventional Financing
- Free Personal Accident Insurance
- Free basic debt management and accounting online video training
- Shariah-compliant financing based on Commodity Murabahah (via Tawarruq arrangement)
- microLEAP absorbs the Islamic Commodity Brokerage fees.
- Late payment fees (Gharamah) goes to charity
Digitising the Grameen Group Model, 5 Issuers can come in as a Group to improve their Credit Score
Our aim is to improve Financial Inclusion in Malaysia and we have targeted several United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) along the way, namely No Poverty, Decent Work & Economic Growth and Reduced Inequalities. We hope to build a community of P2P Investors that are looking for Impact Investments into microenterprises looking for alternative financing. Come join us on our journey!
microLEAP is a licensed Recognised Market Operator (RMO), and strictly regulated by the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC).
Here’s SC’s site-link to verify the licensed RMOs in Malaysia